IOSH Managing Safely
This IOSH-approved safety training programme can be delivered over three or four days. It will give delegates the knowledge they need to help ensure safety in the workplace and prevent accidents. It is designed for managers and supervisors with responsibility for people or processes and will provide a broad and sound understanding of current health and safety requirements.
Course contents include:
- Responsibility and accountability of managers with regard to health and safety
- Legal requirements – health and safety law
- Risk assessment – key steps and control strategies
- Health and safety management systems
- Accident causation and investigation
- Hazards in the workplace – identification and control
- Monitoring – using active and reactive measures to monitor health and safety performance
Assessment is by means of a short written paper at the end of the course and a workplace-based project to be submitted within two weeks of the end of the course.
3-day and 4-day courses
The three- day course is more intensive and starts earlier. The four-day course has a gap between the first two days and the last two days to enable the course content to be revised and considered. The two versions of the course cover the same material and cost the same.
Successful completion of the course results in the award of the IOSH Managing Safely Certificate. Progression can be to the IOSH Level 3 Certificate award.